Monday, May 08, 2006

Painful

I’m sorry Sir, but I don’t get it...
Music is piercing my eardrums.
It’s messing up my mind!
Can’t think straight!
Can’t find anything remotely similar to a rhythm!
All this musical chaos is freaking me out!
Anxiety has taken over me!
My heart is having trouble keeping it’s own beat...
But it looks like I’m the only one...
All others seem to be ecstatic!
A woman with closed eyes and a blissful smile on her face...
A boy nodding to his own rhythm...
Solemn faces, as if in the presence of perfection...
And here I am, leaning against the wall, agonizing!
I’ve got a back ache and my head is about to explode!
Feeling forced to swallow my torment and just smile.
Must be polite, well-behaved... nice...
On the stage a musician moves as if he’s having a stroke.
Another seems to be about to be sick all over his instrument!
A drunk standing behind me shouts “One, two, three, four! Cool!”
Someone offers me a seat...
Now I’m really fucked!
Just two feet from the band!
I can’t hide in the dark now...
I can’t keep on ignoring the music...
Now it’s right on my face!
Oh, shit!
I don’t want to be here!
Someone give me rock music!
Someone give me a back rub!
Someone give me an aspirin!
I’m sorry Sir, but I really don’t fucking get it!!!


“M”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home